Saturday, April 5, 2008

Google Docs & Apps

I've been using google docs for quite some time. I love it because with this tool, you only need an internet connection to have all your work at hand. It's just like using a social bookmark but with documents.

In my opinion, using google docs is just as easy as using the word processing software we're all familiar with using. The features that I like the most are the portability of the docs and applications like the calendar.

The aspects I disliked the most are that some of the formating you get in a word doc, just doesn't translate the same when you try to print a google doc. [Another thing I disliked was that when I published this google doc as my blog entry, it removed all the formating so I had to go in a put back in the paragraphs.]

I read a cool article in Wired about one person's experience with relying on Google docs & apps exclusively for a month. The author summarizes the good and bad aspects of using the google docs much better than I can!

1 comment:

rmlrhonda said...

Thanks for posting the link to that article. I just started using some of the google tools and I'm really impressed so far.