Thursday, April 24, 2008

You Tube Videos: 90 second book review: Austenland

Oh course I liked this website, who doesn't love YouTube?? The reason why did I chose this video is that I read about it in the January 2008 issue of the Library Journal and thought it sounded intriguing. What a creative (and low budget) use of both the library's resources and YouTube to generate interest in books! Especially classic books, like Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and make the story relevant to millennials by using pop culture references to make a video.

Unfortunately however, the possibilities of YouTube for my respective organizations are limited since it is blocked from our access. But if it weren't I would: add any dining & wine or famous chefs and or comedic food/dining/wine references to the culinary institute to encourage both students and teachers to engage and offer combined learning/entertainment opportunities. As for the hospital library, I would add healthy cooking or exercise videos that are consistent with the organizational mission. Or create some library use videos to help "market" the library and library services.

No comments: